Malaysian Dreamgirl Finale - Narcissism is Necessary

Malaysian Dreamgirl Finale

I was there! (thanks Kenny for the tix) And I got the best spot to see em girls too. Actually, I crashed the photographer platform, hehe.

With my 90mm, I took over 300 pictures of the girls. Some of the clothes were seriously hideous? Hello it’s Fashion On 1 week, not Rubber Tapper Garb Du Jour -_-.

Here are the pictures I took that night…

mdg
Girls shaking their booties.

Cindy
Cindy. I think she might have looked her best that night.

Hanis
Hanis. She had so many supporters and everyone thought she was going to win. I guess she had probably thought the same.

Adeline.
My only picture of her where her face looks reasonably normal. The rest, one word…Gormless.

Fiqa.
Fiqa was breathtakingly stunning. I took A LOT of pictures of her and it was tough selecting the best ones. She had the perfect expression for each set of clothes she was wearing!

Another shot of Fiqa.
Another shot of Fiqa.

Ringo.
Ringo was looking smashing as well.

Fiqa chanelling Lolita.
This is a damn Lolita shot of Fiqa. If I were a man….

MDG
Malaysian Dreamgirls.

Jay
Jay was fierce! She looked amazing, I have nothing much to say.

Ringo again.
Ringo working that dress.

And the true winner of the night…..

Hanis winner.
Hanis.

It’s a popularity contest afterall. I hope next year the judges will get to decide to a certain extent who the winner is. That said, I think it’s kind of pitiful also that Cindy is getting so much flak for winning the contest. Girl and her supporters were only doing what anyone would have done given the opportunity!

Flickr set here.

24 Responses to Malaysian Dreamgirl Finale

1. kelv May 1, 2008 at 2:51 am #

i wasnt there for the event.
    looking at the photos, adeline’s cat walk appreared a bit cacat dun u think?? i noticed that in other photos taken by some other bloggers too..

2. Simon Seow May 1, 2008 at 2:53 am #

Ya, Fiqa is really charming on the stage, at a time she was also quite flirtatious.

Hope you didn’t broke the photographer platform.

3. FeR May 1, 2008 at 11:07 am #

awww! i loved fiqa! and her photos taken here look great, kim!
    she’s got a good combo of height and shape! she looked so good in those dresses. :D

4. shengmae* May 1, 2008 at 2:24 pm #

hey kimberly!

it was nice talking to u that night. :) erm, jst to refresh things, i was with jason bryan at the event. :p and i love the pictures you’ve taken! looks like i’ve got ALOT to learn. haha.

5. fashionasia May 1, 2008 at 2:24 pm #

i think cindy doesnt deserve so much insult either….
    I mean, if u and me have a rich and close knit family, they would sms like crazy too…
    gotto give her credit for “entertainment” factor! hehehee….

and i thought fiqa looked great too!!

6. naeboo May 1, 2008 at 8:13 pm #

cindy doesnt deserve the title. stupid show is useless. where can completely 100% based on sms votes. then the challenges are for what? to give them things to do? no planning one.lousy editing lousy planning lousy lousy lousy.

those pics of ringo dont look like her in person. looks very dark lor and shorter than her normal pics.

7. Michael Yip May 1, 2008 at 10:44 pm #

OI! You forgot about the most excellent pic of the day shot of Suanie… kekekeke

8. KY May 2, 2008 at 12:20 am #

Love the pics!

9. alison May 2, 2008 at 12:33 am #

hey there,

You’re photos are great! just wondering if you had any shots of me? i’m finding it difficult to get a hold of… would really appreciate it. thanks! x aly

10. Kimberlycun May 2, 2008 at 1:42 am #

kelv: she was stomping pretty much of the time :(

simon: i didn’t break it!!! -_-

fer: i totally concur. she’s got very captivating looks.

shengmae: hi babe, i remember lah! thanks for the compliments, i’ve got A LOT to learn tooo!!!

fashionasia: exactly. im sure if i were in her position, i would have done the same. i guess what the competition could do next year is not to rely entirely on public sms voting.

naeboo: really? actually, the lighting was really bad at the show. all my pictures were really yellow, but thank goodness i shot in raw so i could tweak the whitebalance on photoshop.

michael: hahaha have to ask permission first, if not will die a painful death @@

ky: thanks qs :D

alison: hi there! good to see you here. do check your mail pls :)

11. Kim Ong May 2, 2008 at 4:39 am #

babe…yea, you’re right.. i felt the same for cindy. check out my entry on mdg finale.

alison: hey babe, we’ve met at you know where at menara olympia. i thought u looked kinda familiar. congrats on making it this far. i’ve got a few pics of u. check my blog to see if you’d like to have them. i can send to u.

12. Kimberlycun May 2, 2008 at 5:58 pm #

kimong: yeah a bit of over reaction i’d think.

13. Ling May 2, 2008 at 11:27 pm #

Your pictures are amazing!
    and I thought Fiqa looks amazing as well. If she was in the top 3, she’d easily win hands down! oh well.

14. Kimberlycun May 3, 2008 at 2:19 am #

ling: thank you! coming from an avid photographer such as yourself, i’m truly honoured :) yes, fiqa was really stunning!

15. hui wen May 3, 2008 at 2:51 am #

Dear, I ‘stole’ 2 of your pics of Fiqa, ’cause your pics are so amazing!!! I was upstairs, so I couldn’t take any good pics…:( But I have credited you, hope you don’t mind! :)))

16. Kimberlycun May 3, 2008 at 4:44 pm #

huiwen: no problem babe, thanks for crediting :)

17. tc boy May 3, 2008 at 10:11 pm #

this show is a bit of crap.. tat’s wat i think.. Cindy?? Adeline?? no comments on the result… But Kim, the pix are marvelous!! One day i’ll need to come and get some advice from you!!

18. Bryan May 3, 2008 at 10:13 pm #

You know hor… I’M STILL HEARTBROKEN WHEN YOU CALLED ME SLINKY! =(

19. Kimberlycun May 4, 2008 at 12:49 am #

tc boy: haha thanks man, i’m still learning lah. the show had a few low points but pretty entertaining still :)

bryan: alamak, so sorry lah! lol

20. andrew May 6, 2008 at 11:08 pm #

wow!! you take fantastic pix!!! =D keep it up!!

21. Seki June 1, 2008 at 8:45 am #

Well, Cindy is my junior in University. She’s not too bad a friend but her attitude is something to work around. She does have her share or lovers and haters even here in Australia. But her haters actually outweighs her lovers few times over.

22. danz January 8, 2009 at 1:26 pm #

Nice pics. Which Nikon body are you using?

1. Malaysian Dreamgirl Finale at 1-Utama - The Finals! | .: ShaolinTiger - Kung-Fu Geekery :. - May 2, 2008

[…] propped myself up on the photographers platform with Kimberly and Mike and my new monopod and got a few shots […]

2. Photos from Malaysian DreamGirl Finale @ 1Utama « Michael Yip | 叶志坚 - May 2, 2008

[…] and KimberlyCun got theirs up before mine. So fast they […]