Do you fake compassion for dead pets? - Narcissism is Necessary

Do you fake compassion for dead pets?

I can deal with many types of grieves. But I can’t deal with dead pets.

I still remember eons ago, when a friend’s pet died and he called, bawling into the phone in cantonese…..”sei jor, sei jor”. I thought his sweet old granny had passed on (bless her, she’s still alive!), felt a knot in my heart and tried my best to console him. Then he finally uttered the dog’s name.

I don’t know how to explain my feeling then but I think “cheated” would have been quite close to it. If “wtf” were in vogue then I would have told him exactly that. But of course I didn’t.

The knot in my heart undid itself and it was all by the book from then on.

1. Listen.
2. Reinforce the fact that the dog is now in a better place.
3. Offer company.
4. Repeat from step 1.

Like clockwork, man.

Obviously, I don’t hold special attachment to animals. I may gush at the cutest puppy but that’s about it, I’m quite happy to be without one after 2 hours. When my bf brought home abandoned kittens and nursed them back to health, I felt more inconvenienced than mushy. I couldn’t wait for them to be all grown up and leave. The day finally came and the first thing I did after that to was sprinkle cabai all over the balcony.

Cruel? Maybe. Lets put it this way, I just can’t treat them like human beings. Any compassion derived from me for animals is merely a basic knowledge that they are important to complete an ecological unit.

So yeah. I’m out of the closet. Are you a non-animal lover pretending to be one under peer pressure?

p/s: Happiness is stumbling upon a forgotten piece of TimTam in the fridge.

Chocolatey goodness.
Happiness in a packet.

++ /Update ++

I have a dog named Charlie now and I would take a bullet for him. Now you can boo me :P

23 Responses to Do you fake compassion for dead pets?

1. davidlian April 15, 2008 at 2:55 pm #

LoL! I love TimTams! I used to stock up on TimTams every time they went on special. Like….12 packets each time and I’d be chomping them down whilst watching movies. Ah… that’s where my extra 10 kg came from when I came back from Australia.

2. eyeris April 15, 2008 at 3:11 pm #

i have genuine compassion for eaten Tim-Tams.

3. ShadowFox April 15, 2008 at 3:29 pm #

Hahahahaha.. I know who Kim is talking about.

That Wabbit muncher is very very fake.. hahaha.

4. KY April 15, 2008 at 4:13 pm #

eat eat eat

5. Simon Seow April 15, 2008 at 4:17 pm #

I will have tears floating in my eyes when I watch a movie that got a pet die. Especially dog. But when I own dog got killed I didn’t cry wtf.

6. Dom. April 15, 2008 at 4:32 pm #

i agree… It’s like i’s jsut a pet =.= no biggies..

7. whataver April 15, 2008 at 4:39 pm #

Yes go buy a piece of Tim Tam. https://www.arnotts.com.au/products/TimTam.aspx
    Yum……

PS Pls pay/send me a box of timtam for plugging your comment box

8. Eric T April 15, 2008 at 4:59 pm #

and i could probably guess who’s that.. someone living quite near you… our school mate probably… izzit??

9. twosuperheroes April 15, 2008 at 5:38 pm #

Tim Tam is absolutely heavenly! Ohhhhhhhh…….

10. Kimberlycun April 15, 2008 at 7:18 pm #

david: yeah man, i used to filled half my suitcase with them too..and pods haha

eyeris: why u so gross?

shadowfox: eh am kinda stumped?

ky: agree.agree.agree

simon: maybe u sayang outsiders more than your own kind? LMAO

dom: heh many ppl would want to crucify you for saying that!

whataver: how…no add? -_-

tc boy: wah playing pop quiz now meh?

twosuperheroes: i concur!

11. yeekchia April 15, 2008 at 7:45 pm #

i think that we should appreciate all lives.. including animal, albeit i din rare any, i do show my sympathy to their misfortune. try to help all living things.

12. Dabido April 15, 2008 at 9:18 pm #

I don’t think I’ve cried over a pet since my father wouldn’t bring our guinea pigs in on a cold night and they froze to death when I was about 8 years old. But, I really hate people mistreating animals and I do feel a certain lose over some of my pets, mainly my childhood cat Boots, and my adopted stray cat Missy [who might still be alive today if it wasn’t for my ex-wife’s selfishness].
    I can understand people crying for their pets though. Some people get very attached to their pets and in some cases the pet is their best friend [cause they people are so obnoxious that humans can’t stand them]. :-)
    I still remember one of my friends crying his eyes out when his dog looked like it had some skin hanging off it … it ended up just being a band aid. hee hee! [what a goose] :-)
    BUT, I can understand people being upset.

13. ShadowFox April 15, 2008 at 10:32 pm #

kim, i thought you were talking about that TNB pussy.

Anyways, about dead pets… man I’ve had my fair share, but I shed no tear, because they’re all fishes… HAHAHAHA.

14. Kimberlycun April 15, 2008 at 10:41 pm #

yeekchia: good on you :)

dabido: well i can understand why they’re upset too. it’s just sadly, that i can’t relate to it.

shadowfox: oh..i see your point. lmao. eh this is discrimination against fish!

15. tc boy April 16, 2008 at 12:04 am #

well i’m tc boy then.. but pets are friends to some.. as much as i truly adore pets, i dun share the same passion of keeping them… too bad!!

16. hui wen April 16, 2008 at 12:40 am #

I used to do the same too- stock up on tonnes of Tim Tams during specials! And I gained like 5kg from Australia too. T___T

And I found out inmported Tim Tams cost RM10.50 in M’sia. T___T

17. pinkpau April 16, 2008 at 2:18 am #

pods and timtams!!!! and reese’s peanut butter cups!!!!!!!!!

LOVE :D

18. FA April 16, 2008 at 9:30 am #

I do feel sad when pets die. I almost cried when my sister’s stupid hamster died at night and we had to go and bury it in the garden. sniff.

19. Kimberlycun April 16, 2008 at 11:30 am #

tc boy: yeah too bad :(

huiwen: lolol Big W ftw!!!

ah pau: i love em mini reese cup with less sugar haha

FA: aww *hugs*

20. Tim April 16, 2008 at 1:06 pm #

Chocs > dead pets? Oh yes….hehe

21. Dabido April 16, 2008 at 8:29 pm #

Oh, FA’s sister hamster dies and FA ALMOST cries and my guinea pigs died and I did cry and FA gets a hug and I get nothing but frozen dead guinea pigs!!! So unfair! :-D

22. Kimberlycun April 17, 2008 at 1:24 am #

tim: lol i can feel the evilness coming out of your pores man!

dabido: *BIG HUGS*

23. Dave March 16, 2010 at 3:21 pm #

So basically what your saying is that you are a cruel, heartless bitch and deserve to die of ovarian cancer. Guess I should have guessed it from the “narcissism is necessary” banner at the top of your lame blog. Die!