I'm on the front page! - Narcissism is Necessary

I’m on the front page!

I’m so buzzing! I’ve been jumping around in the house since 10.30am!

My face is on R.AGE’s frontpage! OMG. I’m a covergirl *le sigh*

This morning I popped up at 8am and headed to my alma mater, HELP University College. Had to catch the college edition papers before they run out, you see. I had breakfast at Subway and hung around till 10.30am when the delivery truck arrived.

They plonked the stacks of papers on the floor and there it was, staring back at me, MY OWN FREAKIN’ FACE!

i'ma covergirl w00t!
i’ma covergirl w00t!

I swear it was the most surreal moment ever of my life. It’s like I struck the lottery. It was SWEET!

Kimberlycun on R.AGE
www.rage.com.my

You can read the article online at R.AGE website.

p/s: Thanks ShaolinTiger for taking the main pictures and of course, making me front page worthy ;)

, , , ,

34 Responses to I’m on the front page!

1. Boss Stewie January 24, 2008 at 11:22 am #

FUUUWAHHH!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

NANGED!!!

admin: hahaha thanks!!!!

2. slowcatchupkuan January 24, 2008 at 11:27 am #

yeah! congrates :P

admin: thanks :)

3. aronil January 24, 2008 at 11:44 am #

Hehehe Pretty cool ain’t it… phew the rush! :)congrats :)

admin: oh yes!! thanks :)

4. ShaolinTiger January 24, 2008 at 12:06 pm #

Nice pics :D Was a bit last minute but at least it turned out well.

admin: yeah thanks for the pictures!

5. Giant Sotong January 24, 2008 at 12:19 pm #

They grow up so fast these days *proud sob*

(Is something wrong with the article? It looks cut off at the bottom)

admin: lol. yeah, it’s cut off. have no idea why hrmm

6. dreamer January 24, 2008 at 12:30 pm #

Kim…KIMMMMM!!! I hate traffic jams too! I’m terrible with geography. LRT’s the best :-p I’ve just left my PR job and like you I want to be my own manager. I’d like to freelance PR! E-mail me if you want a “partner”? I’m around your age with 3 years PR experience. I want to put the FUN back into my life and re-light my passion for PR.

What am I doing now? Well, helping mom with CNY cookies! I’m rediscovering the joy of family time.

I wish you all the best in your venture. I really really do!

Happy working :-)

admin: i totally get you babe, i was working 6 days a week and I get so resentful about all the times I’ve lost to work instead of family/friends! whats the point of working day in day out for jobs that can be accomplished in a much shorter time? i don’t need a partner now but i’ll keep you in mind when the need arises babe, thanks for offering :) and good luck to you.

7. Peter Tan January 24, 2008 at 1:16 pm #

Nice… verrrrry nice. :D

admin: thanks the peter :D

8. laby January 24, 2008 at 2:30 pm #

nice one. how i always wish i’m also a SOHO. first benefit is NO TRAFFIC JAM! all the best!

admin: thanks laby :) can always test the water and see how it goes..

9. eyeris January 24, 2008 at 3:49 pm #

eh? traffic jam? what traffic jam? I don’t work from home also but I still don’t get traffic jam… hehehehehehehe.

Ah… that explains all the pictures of you pasted all over our internal foto archives… haha

admin: lmao paiseh!!!! so that’s what you do in your free time, stalking through the photo archive…

10. pinkpau January 24, 2008 at 4:03 pm #

hello mapother! pinkpau here very lazy to change the info

congrats babe!!!! :D im very inspired to work from home now

admin: heh i changed ledi!

11. KY January 24, 2008 at 4:31 pm #

wah FEMMES! congrats!

admin: hahhaa yeah…kiss the ground i walk on man.

12. annegel January 24, 2008 at 6:31 pm #

Yeah, basically our foto archive is our (or at least mine) main source of entertainment at work. :D Bored or not, I will always leave it open to browse the pix from time to time.

I also saw ur pix there then realised that the interview had been done! Thank you once again for being so sporting!

admin: hahah now we know…don’t thank me, i should be thanking you! :)

13. Dabido January 24, 2008 at 6:53 pm #

WOW! I have femes friends!!!! *faints*

Congratulations!!!!!! You’re a star! :D

admin: hehe…actually, i think i’m more of “all the rage”…

14. suanie January 24, 2008 at 7:49 pm #

so femes

admin: not femes as ah suan..

15. abi January 24, 2008 at 10:57 pm #

Whoa! This is my first time on your site and you make the papers!Awesome :)Congrats~

admin: thanks for dropping by. glad i made a good 1st impression haha

16. leech January 24, 2008 at 11:09 pm #

wow! hahaha, congrats! so many photos of you in the paper and they all look good. ;P i read the entire article online, really makes working for yourself sound so enticing!!

admin: thanks babe! well, i don’t have complaints about my current work arrangement that’s for sure hehe

17. cely January 24, 2008 at 11:40 pm #

wow, i m 12 hours behind!

Congrats!! Famous than famous now! Hehe

admin: lmao. i wish!

18. danielctw January 25, 2008 at 12:24 am #

OMG!!! I was actually reading the Rage and thought which girl was this. Then, oh my it’s the same person on this blog :)

Nice…

admin: yes that’s me! thanks for dropping by :D

19. abby January 25, 2008 at 12:40 am #

HEy tis is pretty cool! wow, how did this happen? congrats xo

admin: got spotted, so to speak :) thanks!

20. Simon Seow January 25, 2008 at 3:25 am #

Now you’ll be the most famous PR blogger in Malaysia and some say Kiasuland.

admin: famous for the right things hopefully. if that’s a prediction, i really like it hehehe :)

21. TBG January 25, 2008 at 11:40 am #

*thumbs up* Congratulations!!! So when are we going tp party and celebrate your stardom?? Tonight???

admin: hehe when i get to clear all this work from my desk!

22. Song Yia January 25, 2008 at 1:51 pm #

WOAH! That’s so cool. You are slowly becoming our local celebrity. Thank god I knew you before you became famous =P

admin: lmao biatch! u better have a freezer bag coz you’re bringing back some sausages for us in March!

23. dreckker January 25, 2008 at 2:26 pm #

waa… glamour lahh…

congrats… :)

admin: haha lmao thanks

24. michelle January 25, 2008 at 6:30 pm #

you must feel fantastic being recognised on a national level – congratulations kim! :D

admin: thanks michelle. i do hope that the article will inspire people my age to reach out for something that’s out of the norm especially if they’ve been toying with the idea. our greatest advantage is youth, if we fell we can always pick ourselves up and have another go

25. Mama Bok January 26, 2008 at 1:28 am #

Congrats .. Kim..!! now ..i’ll go read the article. ;)

26. Jane January 26, 2008 at 3:17 pm #

So inspiring… congrats, babe!

27. hwachai January 27, 2008 at 10:40 am #

waaaaaaaaaaaa…….. awesome!~
    grats, kim :D

28. kimong.com January 27, 2008 at 10:24 pm #

I am sooo proud of you babe. Muahhh!! All the best k.

29. wenqi January 28, 2008 at 11:55 pm #

congratulations kim! sorry i’m so late wtf.

and! and!! nice nailssss!!!

30. davidlian January 29, 2008 at 11:32 am #

Wah! I want to be on RAGE too!

31. Patt Irmina February 1, 2008 at 11:35 pm #

Hi thr.
    I happened to stumble upon ur blog. And guess what, I have the copy of R.AGE with u on the front page.
    anyways, Congrates!

32. G.C. February 20, 2008 at 10:16 am #

Hi!

I stumbled upon your blog and thought maybe you can help me out – I’m looking for a freelance PR to help me launch a new cosmetic product. If you have any in mind, hope you can e-mail me at gcwc1@yahoo.com

Thank you!

33. Reen January 26, 2009 at 8:40 pm #

Hi!

I’m looking for freelance PR to help me on a launch event. contact me if u r interested and i’ll email u the details.

thanks.

email me at azreen.ahmad@yahoo.com

1. kyspeaks.com » KY’s on the Star Metro! - January 25, 2008

[…] Kimberly the cun was the cover girl on the Star’s RAGE yesterday. Coincidentally, yours truly was mentioned in the Metro section of the paper the same day in a very good article titled “The changing hawker scene“. […]