Spotted at 14 weeks 2 days. - Narcissism is Necessary

Spotted at 14 weeks 2 days.

8am. My alarm rang. Far too early!

I nudged the husband who was still fast asleep. He woke up just long enough to murmur something unintelligible. I said, “Check-up today…..”. Still, murmurs.

I decided to let him continue sleeping. Made my way to the hospital, which is only 10 minutes drive from home.

The doctor wasn’t my regular obgyn. She’s some kind of detailed scan expert, very nice lady. Greeted me with a firm handshake and a smile, I loveeeeeeeeee women who are in control.

I got onto the examination bed and pulled my skirt down a little. Spider legs greeted my eyes, made a mental note to shave.

She squeezed cold gel onto my lower abdomen and stuck the scanning thingamajig onto my skin.

“You want to know the gender?”, she asked.

“Yes please!!”

But doctor was totally delaying my gratification. First, she showed me the baby’s skull and heart, could even see the heart chambers! Then she showed me the neck, fingers and toes.

# – Baby!
baby

Finally, she showed me the private bits. “Can you see the triangle?”

“Yeah….”

“Congratulations, you’re having a boy.”

“Really?”

“Yes, 100%. In fact I will give you 101%”

# – Dudu at 14 weeks 2 days.
dudu

So happy to hear the news. While I wish Gareth was with me to hear it, but I think it’s a different good feeling to hear it by myself. Kind of like my own moment with the baby :)

I called Gareth immediately. He was still a bit groggy. I told him that we’re having a boy, and I must say the effect was better than a shot of espresso hehe.

Have we thought of a name? Yes. In fact, we’ve got 3 boy’s names and 2 girl’s names down since a couple of years ago, way before we were even planning to have babies.

We thought if it didn’t work out we could give them names to our dogs. Kidding!!!!

19 Responses to Spotted at 14 weeks 2 days.

1. John Khor April 10, 2014 at 6:37 pm #

Congratulations! A new level of marriage is coming! Achievement unlocked? :P

2. David April 10, 2014 at 6:39 pm #

Kimberly,

What a beautiful picture!

The little boy is growing within you and will grow for many weeks to come. What a transformation you are experiencing, and living one of lifes greatest adventures.

Also for women one of the most topsy turvy parts of life. The hormonal swings, mood swings, changing taste along with your changin body will challenge you and Gareth.

The love you and Gareth share will manifest many times in your child.

Best wishes for good health and a successful and happy pregnancy!

• Kimberlycun April 10, 2014 at 6:40 pm #

Thank you for the kind wishes David! I am quite lucky as Gareth remarked my moods are better now than before I was pregnant…hope it lasts. Hahah

3. Constance Ant April 10, 2014 at 7:43 pm #

congratulations!!

4. Thara April 11, 2014 at 9:25 am #

CONGRATULATIONS KIMMMM! actually smiled looking at the dudu :P brought me back down to my own memory lane :)

savor every moment of pregnancy; the cravings, the midnight wees, THE KICKINGS, the morning sickness, the stretch marks (ok maybe not the stretch marks la coz that sticks with you till the end :P) coz you will be missing em! :)

Congrats again babe (and gareth!) :)

• Kimberlycun April 11, 2014 at 1:27 pm #

Thank you Thara! I do enjoy being pregnant now, my moods are better than ever…hope the later stages will also be good haha.

• ShaolinTiger April 11, 2014 at 6:40 pm #

Thanks Thara :)

5. CelineW April 11, 2014 at 11:55 am #

For the hundreth time, congratulations babe! Good job G lolz! I am so so looking forward and excited. Teared+smiled reading the ‘dudu’ part (couldn’t contain the tears of joy and excitement) tho you have me prepared for the announcement weeks earlier. Love you guyz *hugz*

6. Michelle April 11, 2014 at 1:35 pm #

Yay! I can’t wait to see the baby face!

Congratulations once again and may you have a smooth and happy pregnancy.

• Kimberlycun April 11, 2014 at 6:00 pm #

Same here haha! And thank you for the kind wishes :)

7. Flickchick April 11, 2014 at 1:44 pm #

Congrats Kim! :)

8. Jayelle April 12, 2014 at 8:29 am #

The bit about the dog cracked me up!!! LOL coz deep down, I’m probably the same. :x

9. mela April 13, 2014 at 9:51 am #

Congrats! Little boys are fun (unless they are squirting pee in your face right before you put their diaper on)!