The house. - Narcissism is Necessary

The house.

As some of you might know, we’ve just bought a double-storey terrace house in Bandar Sri Damansara. We’ve lived here in BSD for the past 5 years and have grown to love the quiet neighbourhood, the various good food nearby and its accessibility to NKVE, MRR2, LDP & Penchala Link without being too near to high density areas. Of course, it helps that Papa Rich is also opening right at our doorstep and there’s always a nice, clean park in Desa Park City to walk emoCharlie. All we need now is a 24/7 KFC and we could count ourselves jackpot winners.

Anyway, it was a very stressful time for us buying the house because of rogue agents and ill-informed owners. One of the reasons we were in so much pain was also because we were only focused on one residential area. We did check out places like USJ, Kelana Jaya, SS24 etc but in the end we realised that we had been looking everywhere but home.

Long story short, we popped up early this morning to have a final inspection of the house with the property agent. We’ll be getting the keys tomorrow. Been dreaming about this for years and finally it has materialised :)

Credit is where credit due, my bf is the one that has been working diligently towards getting our first home and this is really all his doing. I’m very, very, very proud of my man. Neither of us are from rich families but we’re living a pretty damn comfortable life all because of my babyboo. You’re my rock and I love you so much. I’ll let you play more badminton lor…

As for me, the only think I’ve probably contributed is a lot of bitching about our current apartment. Heh, seriously I don’t even know how I managed to land myself a gem like him.

So some snapshots of the place before we transform it into our humble abode.

The living room now. Must.get.rid.of.floor.tiles.

Jungle at the back of the house.

This is a 13 year old house and needs a lot of work. We’ve got so much ideas about what we want to do with it. Wiring, roofing, tiles, flooring, walls, landscaping the little garden…I’m so excited!

, ,

29 Responses to The house.

1. kokomon November 18, 2009 at 2:13 am #

Looks like maaargosa or saagaa area ;)

2. pinkpau November 18, 2009 at 3:10 am #

congratulations LPM and Mr Boo

T_____T

this post is very touching T____T

3. KY November 18, 2009 at 9:30 am #

congrats kim! we’re gonna have omg fire drill now goddamn bye

4. Tan Yee Hou November 18, 2009 at 10:22 am #

Fishpond! Ask KY for ideas!

I got guppy farm at home can contribute some fishies : )

5. beetrice November 18, 2009 at 10:56 am #

ooo congrats on the new place – finally after all the hunting.. :D

can’t wait to see pics of the done-up house!

6. Hiphog November 18, 2009 at 12:04 pm #

Congrats on the new home!!!

7. suanie November 18, 2009 at 1:37 pm #

is naissssssssss congrats hugs

8. dreckker November 18, 2009 at 4:42 pm #

congratz!

9. whimsicaljottings November 18, 2009 at 9:56 pm #

CONGRATS!!!! Major step! Aint nothing like your own home.

P.s.: I watched that dog clip on your Twitter, and I had to run to the sink to puke. And then I started bawling my eyes out. Now I’m effing depressed. who the f*** is this guy? I think im gonna be depressed the whole week. :(

10. CraSH November 18, 2009 at 10:37 pm #

i can imagine sledge hammer swinging, roll up the sleeves.. hehe… congrats!!!

11. Mellissa November 18, 2009 at 11:57 pm #

Decorating is fun for about 1 week and then it just gets super stressful and involved you clashing heads with your 60 year old gay interior decorator, and your incompetent apartment decorators who install the ugliest carpet known to man kind thanks to your mother who now regrets her decision but decides to slash the furnishing budget by half, and then moving furniture from what suburb to another in a car not designed to move furniture so you have to pay AUD$200 for movers OKAY I’M SORRY I’M IN HELL hahahaha I love you, Kim, all the best and have fun! :D

12. Kimberlycun November 19, 2009 at 1:49 am #

kokomon: :)

ah pau: dont emo lah! quickly finish school and come back!

ky: dont pokai running down the stairs ho ho ho

yeehou: no pond for us lah…charlie pee where wor?

bee: thanksss me too hehe :D

hiphog: thanks gabriel!

suanie: thankssssssssssssssss

dreckker: thankssss :D

whimsicaljottings: thanks :D i know, hackers already found out who he is, where he lives etc. i hope there’s mob justice. just sick man

crash: thank you i can’t wait to tear down some things haha

mell: heh…we’re buying everything new except mebbe for our sofa (gonna recover it can’t find any good size these days to fit the man -_-) so hopefully wont be so headache! congrats on ur new place too :D

13. Rachying November 19, 2009 at 4:19 am #

Congrats slow mo!! Hahaha… finally! Can’t wait to have my own pad too! still long way to go!

14. unrealestate November 20, 2009 at 12:20 am #

am thinking of writing a play where real eatate agents have to move into some of the homes they try and sell

15. Simon Seow November 22, 2009 at 1:33 pm #

Congrats. The area is really convenient. Don’t know what to do if I have to shift.

16. Ms. Bloom November 22, 2009 at 5:46 pm #

Congrats babe! Its a milestone! xx

17. Moon Leow November 23, 2009 at 2:39 pm #

Congrats Kimberly…i believe you and your dear can really do a great job and transform this lovely house into a wonderful ones. Not easy, needs a lot of hardwork. But you both can do it ^_^

18. foodcrazee November 23, 2009 at 5:25 pm #

congrats . . .been looking around as well . . .somewhere around the area … prefer new property but think if need be will follow ur style . .2nd hand property will be fine. \

ALL the BEst

19. xes November 25, 2009 at 3:45 pm #

LOL MORE BADMINTON!! HEHEH!!

20. xes November 25, 2009 at 3:45 pm #

ops forgot to mention congratss!!

21. aud November 26, 2009 at 4:54 pm #

congrats kim! can’t wait to see what you do with your place :D

22. Kimberlycun November 26, 2009 at 11:01 pm #

unrealestate: interesting. i wonder why they have to do that though?

simon: ah didnt know u live around here too. yeah BSD is quite a nice place to stay :)

ms bloom: thanks babe :)

moon: thanks for the support. i hope so this one will be stress free!

foodcrazee: thanks man. yeah i think u can’t find new properties here anymore except maybe hi-rise. but bukit maluri side has some nice new houses.

jaclyn: tq tq yeah laksa party soon at the new place!

xes: lol yeah more badminton now, i got other things to be occupied with hehehe. thanks! :D

aud: tq tq must come to my laksa party hehehe

23. julian November 27, 2009 at 9:09 pm #

Congrats! Hope all goes well :)

Make sure you get a good electrician if doing rewiring, our one sucked and we’re still having problems years later >:[

24. dave blog visitor November 30, 2009 at 8:01 am #

out of curiosity,how much did the house cost you? you prolly paid 50-50 to purchase the house?

25. leo December 11, 2009 at 6:39 pm #

congratulations on the house! :)

26. myonedeco January 22, 2010 at 11:07 am #

Hi Kimberly,
    Congrats on getting your first new house!

I would like to invite you to share your renoblog in my site below:

Its a new site on ID, DIY and Renovation, first in Malaysia and by Malaysian!
    Hope you can drop by, thanks.

27. Kj October 7, 2010 at 11:41 pm #

I moving into my house soon after staying for 3yrs in high-rise (1.5yrs in apartment and 1.5yrs in condo) while shifted 2 times in between.

Damn it feels so good to be moving into your own landed property. I can totally feel your excitement reading this post.

Yea congrats on the smart move as yours must have appreciated a lot by now!

1. My highlights of 2009 in a single post. » NARCISSISM IS NECESSARY - December 30, 2009

[…] got ahouse and I finally changed my car. I can’t wait to start my life in this house and be warned next […]