Best pork roll in the world - Scoffs - Narcissism is Necessary

Best pork roll in the world – Scoffs

When I was in the city of Worcester, I was introduced to this quaint little shop called Scoffs.

Scoffs.
Scoffs.

Scoffs only sells pork rolls, nothing else. Basically, it’s just a bread roll stuffed with lots of pork chunks & apple sauce and topped off with a huge chunk of crackling.

Pork.
Getting to the pork.

Stuffing the roll.
Stuffing the roll.

Simple, quick and delicious.

Pork roll.
Scoff’s pork roll. It’s huge. Roll, pork, apple sauce and crackling…hmm hmmm.

It was one of the best things I’ve ever put in my mouth.

Scoffing it down at the entrance.
Enjoying lunch at Scoff’s tiny hallway.

17 New Street
Worcester
WR1 2DP

, , , , , ,

19 Responses to Best pork roll in the world – Scoffs

1. aeroplane1234 September 9, 2008 at 12:38 pm #

looks like tuna , but why no one sell it here geh? PORK IS ILLEGAL MEH!!!

2. KY September 9, 2008 at 2:38 pm #

I wonder what are some of the other “best things” u’ve put in your mouth.

*ducks*

3. sotong September 9, 2008 at 2:47 pm #

bahh… why you didn’t tapao back for me???
    :P

4. foxtrotecho September 9, 2008 at 3:05 pm #

‘It was one of the best things I’ve ever put in my mouth.’

Kim that sounds oh sooooooo wrong.

5. Simon Seow September 9, 2008 at 7:42 pm #

Wei. I’m very hungry now and I can’t only go home in another 15 minutes.

6. winsern September 10, 2008 at 1:11 pm #

i don’t like savoury stuff with bread… can i eat it with rice instead??

7. JayZen September 19, 2008 at 6:29 pm #

that looks damn good…….

8. David Cottrell December 9, 2008 at 9:22 pm #

Hello Kimberly I am Mr SCOFFS your site looks fantastic I am retired living in France.A LOVELY LADY SARA runs the busines now and keeps me in my retirement.I will get her to look at your site she will be thrilled and no doubt contact you

9. Rachel December 19, 2008 at 6:15 am #

woooo! :D i made that roll! hope you enjoyed it :)

10. Hannah October 18, 2009 at 4:05 am #

They are the best rolls in the world and I have just been told the shop has closed. Devastated.

11. David Scoffs November 2, 2009 at 11:48 pm #

Just little local difficulty SCOFFS is open again better than ever

12. Kimberlycun November 3, 2009 at 1:32 am #

yay scoffs is open again! :D cant wait for my next trip to UK!

13. Olivers Army January 20, 2010 at 10:12 pm #

Kimberly,

I had heard your name is ‘Suc Mei Pok….’ So alas we have found the best thing you have put in your mouth.

14. bek. Huxley January 30, 2010 at 8:05 pm #

really gutted when i heard scoffs had shut! Then found it to be back open!!!!! Had a pork roll and it was terrible and cost £4.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Save your money i wont be going back

15. turquoise January 30, 2010 at 8:12 pm #

Kimberly,
    I would agree with you that Scoffs was ONCE the best pork roll shop in the world, unfortunately now that it closed and then re-opened there has been nothing but downhill in service, quality and price. The man who served me was nothing but rude, and the shop wasn’t half as clean as it used to be. I think it is such a shame that this gorgeous little business has been allowed to go so downhill. There are lots of other places in Worcester that have cottoned on to the pork roll craze and do rolls that are ten million times nicer. I strongly recommend you try them from now on. I have to say Mr Scoffs you have really let us down.

16. Richard June 17, 2010 at 7:05 pm #

Ha; I used to work here back in 2003-2005 for Dave (Mr Scoffs – Mr Cottrell)
    Although sadly I hear these days its not as it used to be.

Ahh Nostelgia for that place, noone made the rolls quite as well as me Charlie and Kath!
    Amazing, its almost famous ^_^

17. DARREN November 17, 2010 at 11:51 pm #

Does anybody know who owns scoffs now? I wouldn’t mind it take it back to its former glory!!

18. Jamie November 26, 2010 at 6:25 am #

found this so funny to find a site about this little place. Have to agree this place is not the same and gone down hill and very expensive. What a shame have raved about this place to uni mates. Sorry Darren can’t help you out. its seems to have gone wrong when it shut down never been the same! Please take it over and back to its glory. Or somebody bring back the lady rachel who served that roll back.

19. James Cottrell July 23, 2014 at 4:37 pm #

I think you will find that scoffs is as good as it ever was in the old days its been refurbed and the original owners are running it again give it a try or try our new shop on Mealcheapen St Scoffs Street Food!!!!! Thanks