First bump! - Narcissism is Necessary

First bump!

I’m officially 18 weeks today. 2 more weeks to being 5 months pregnant. My bump is at the most awkward stage now, where I look like I had a really heavy meal rather than being pregnant.

# – Picture taken last week – baby baby or food baby?

Not that I’m complaining, I’m actually crossing my fingers in hopes that I don’t get too big.

That said, I do slather my boobs and belly with pure organic coconut oil every night just in case I balloon to a point of no return. Must keep them skin supple.

Thank goodness for my penchant for loose fitting clothes, I haven’t bought a single maternity clothing.

This jumpsuit for instance, bought some 3 or 4 years ago actually fits me better now. It used to give me the dreaded camel toe but it drapes perfectly now. So weird!

# – The jumpsuit.

Yes I am wearing 4 inch stilettos but I do watch where I walk hehe.

By the way, any mummy reader here that’s consumed their own placenta after childbirth? Love to hear your thoughts!

15 Responses to First bump!

1. David April 23, 2014 at 1:59 am #

Kimberly, you look beautiful.

Awkward stage for the baby bump? One would have to consume an immense meal, with the pain such would bring, to cause a tummy bump as big.

That bump can also be called a love bump, since your baby is the result of a most loving act!

Looking forward to your expectant mum fashion tips!

Be healthy and happy!

• Kimberlycun April 24, 2014 at 4:15 pm #

Thank you David! Love bump, love it! :)

2. MamaSinglet April 23, 2014 at 3:04 am #

Google mellomouse, she is a Malaysian mama who processed, consumed her placenta and also produces it for other new moms :) could be a good lead!

3. Michelle April 24, 2014 at 11:51 am #

You actually look great pregnant!! There is a certain glow to it. But your bum bum is flatter. hehhe

• Kimberlycun April 24, 2014 at 4:14 pm #

thank you! i know!!!! i have no bum hahah

4. Poh Huai Bin April 25, 2014 at 2:06 pm #

OMG Kim that’s so awesome! :)

Congrats to you and Gareth!

Btw you look great, wouldn’t have known you’re in the second trimester. I don’t know about placenta (didn’t read up enough on it) but heard positive things about exposing the baby to classical music!

• Kimberlycun April 25, 2014 at 2:27 pm #

Thanks Huai Bin! We’re giving baby a lot of EDMs though haha

5. David April 25, 2014 at 7:55 pm #

Kimberyly,

EDM, Electro-Dance-Music? When your baby begins to flex his arms and legs your life will get a new source of rythm!

Try some Mozart and Bach, babies in vitro almost universally like theri music.

6. mun April 27, 2014 at 4:36 pm #

Oh, I must be so out of the current trend. I did not know that there are humans who consumed their own placentas out there. Thanks for the information.

I read up more about it and found this link:

I guess it is just a matter or choice but then how also need to know how clean is the preparation process as brought up in this article below:

but I guess if you really want to eat it, you can process it on your own without having to pay others to do so. From what I have read online, you just need to wash it, cook it, dry it, grind it into powder and then filled it into gelatin capsules to be consumed later. Sounds easy enough since both of you are good cooks.

Personally I couldn’t bring myself to eat any human placenta even my own even unless it has been proven to be very, very nutritious without a doubt – sounds too close to cannibalism.

7. David May 1, 2014 at 6:29 pm #

Kimberly,

File this one under “I bet you did not know that.”

The uterus is ultra-elastic:

When not in use, a healthy uterus is a small organ, measuring about 3 inches (7.5 centimeters) long and 2 inches (5 cm) wide. During pregnancy, that changes — fast. By about 20 weeks into pregnancy, the expanding uterus reaches all the way to the navel. The outer edge of the uterus reaches the lower edge of the rib cage by about 36 weeks.

8. Em May 7, 2014 at 12:20 pm #

omg congratulations! We don’t know each other but I stumbled on your blog a few months ago, read some things, including about you being ready for a baby and now after months of not reading, I found out you’re preggers. That’s awesome news! (I love it when I find out that someone, anyone, is pregnant). It is such a blessing :D

I didn’t eat my own placenta, but I heard of some friends’ friends who did it. Some dried it up and made it into powder form to drink.

• Kimberlycun May 7, 2014 at 2:01 pm #

thank you very much Em :) do your friends think it’s worth eating the placenta??

• Em May 7, 2014 at 3:08 pm #

Hmm, sorry, I don’t know the friends’ friends to know. But I think they did, cos the woman did homebirth and all. Also, before I gave birth I read about the benefits of not cutting the cord too quickly after the baby is out. Because the placenta is supposed to be rich with nutrients and whatnot, so if you keep it connected to the baby longer, baby can absorb more. Supposedly can reduce the chances of jaundice too (not sure).

• Kimberlycun May 8, 2014 at 1:44 pm #

I think what you mentioned is called Lotus Birth….the placenta and umbilical cord is left attached to the baby until it naturally falls out. Fascinating stuff!!