Happy 30th Birthday to Me! - Narcissism is Necessary

Happy 30th Birthday to Me!

Yeah now you know how old I am!

I can’t believe that I graduated from university almost 10 years ago!

I sometimes find it hard to believe that I am pregnant now. Or married. Or has my own health insurance. Or has my own car? Whutttttttt?

I remember driving my first car at 18, a white Kancil gifted by my father, pushing it to 120kmh (which is the max speed) thinking to myself, “Walaoyeh, I am so fast and so cool lehhhh!!!!”.

Thinking back, I have had a pretty good twenties. I mean, obviously I didn’t think so then, there was always something irking me cause c’mon….which 20+ year old doesn’t think it’s all about Me, Me, Me, Me and Me and EVERYONE is just so gawddamn clueless? Hehe.

Well, I spent the first half of my twenties thinking I had figured it all out and the later half actually figuring it out, albeit frustratingly.

My twenties have left me and they were glorious, fun & sometimes frustrating years.

Today I feel at peace. I would like to start my 30s knowing that I will always be figuring it out, but to never ever sweat it :)

For my 30th, I don’t have any material wish, unlike all my previous birthdays in my twenties.

# – Though it’s still fun receiving them hehehe. This is me opening presents from Celine last night.

I am thankful for a loving & supportive husband, a caring family, the best dog in the world and wonderful, wonderful friends. I am soon to launch a small business, which I’m really excited about. Have so far done all the product research, designing of the brand etc…all that’s left is to market and who should be my inspiration but my yet-to-be born son?

So yeah, I am excited about being in my 30s!

16 Responses to Happy 30th Birthday to Me!

1. thatjames July 23, 2014 at 5:02 pm #

Happy birthday, Kim. Yay 30!

2. mela July 24, 2014 at 10:42 am #

Happy 30th! The 30s are great :D You actually feel like you’re not just a kid masquerading as an adult!

• Kimberlycun July 24, 2014 at 5:21 pm #

Thank you! I hear you! Already I feel wiser haha

3. Imantulen July 24, 2014 at 11:39 am #

Happy 30th & best wishes to all the challenges ahead….
    May you be blessed with each decision you make….

4. Liong July 24, 2014 at 12:45 pm #

Happy 30th kim we share the same bday date.. :)

• Kimberlycun July 24, 2014 at 5:20 pm #

Thanks Liong! Happy birthday to you too :D

5. Michelle July 24, 2014 at 3:56 pm #

Happy BIrthday Kim! You share the same birth date as my mom. Leos are awesome women!
    xoxo

• Kimberlycun July 24, 2014 at 5:20 pm #

Happy birthday to your mom Michelle! :)

6. David July 24, 2014 at 6:40 pm #

Kimerly,

Happy 30th birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

7. gina July 25, 2014 at 11:52 am #

30 years old only mah! Haha.

Happy belated birthday, Kim! May you always be well and happy.

8. Mun August 4, 2014 at 8:26 am #

Happy belated birthday to you! Hope you had a really good celebration. Can’t wait to see your new product.

9. ciki August 11, 2014 at 12:41 pm #

well done babe! Despite the unexpected arrival, pain etc.. u did amazingly well, and bubs is gorgeous!! :D