Shopping online with Tesco Malaysia - the best so far! - Narcissism is Necessary

Shopping online with Tesco Malaysia – the best so far!

If you searched for “Tesco” on my blog, you will find that I have over 11 pages worth of blog posts with at least a mention of my favourite store. Yes, I am a huge fan of Tesco and so is my husband. We’ve shopped at Tesco for almost 10 years!

Our favourite section? Tesco Finest of course. But we also regularly buy staples like bread, cleaning solutions, toilet/kitchen rolls, wipes, sundries, fresh meat, toiletries and many more from Tesco.

I also LOVEEEEEE Tesco’s undies from their home brand F&F! #truestory

# – Me and my Tesco card!

Imagine our happiness when Tesco started implementing an online storefront at https://eshop.tesco.com.my/

The husband used to shop online on Tesco all the time when he was still in UK and it was one thing he really missed – getting groceries delivered right to his doorstep. Now, we can enjoy the same privilege in Malaysia!

# – Tesco’s eshop.

To be honest, I was quite nervous initially about the entire shopping experience. But my first online shopping experience with Tesco proved me wrong – it was straight-forward, easy and entirely free of stress. Don’t believe me?

Check out Tesco Delivery Lab to learn about the entire process.

# – Tesco Delivery Lab website…a fun and quick way to see how your entire online shopping experience at Tesco will be like; from product selections to processing to delivery to reaching your door.

Did you know that your groceries are handpicked and are selected based on the highest level of freshness? Also, all Tesco delivery trucks are outfitted with three temperature controlled compartments – Frozen (-16°C), Chilled (2°C), and Ambient (25°C)– to ensure that goods are delivered safe, fresh, and on time.

# – Check out the cool delivery truck that came to my house recently. You can clearly see the frozen, chilled and ambient compartments.

When shopping online with Tesco, you can choose to pay with credit card upon checking out of the website or pay with credit card upon delivery of goods. There is no cash involved, so it makes all transactions safe and reliable.

I must say Tesco has the best delivery staff too! They are always so friendly and helpful, never failed to carry all my goods inside :)

# – Thank you Tesco man!

Recently, I have been enjoying online shopping on Tesco using their incredibly well-made mobile app too! Seriously one of the best mobile shopping app in the market right now.But I’ll talk about that abit later.

# – Yes, indeed this has brought Tesco to my doorstep :)

Thank you Tesco for making my shopping experience with you even better now!

22 Responses to Shopping online with Tesco Malaysia – the best so far!

1. Jayelle June 23, 2014 at 2:15 pm #

I love it too!! I swear by it. :D

• Kimberlycun June 23, 2014 at 3:59 pm #

Yeah, I’ve tried several other services, can’t come close to Tesco!

2. KY June 23, 2014 at 3:30 pm #

have use it quite a number of times, best when buying things in bulk, especially those heavy items like cat litter :D

3. David June 24, 2014 at 12:19 am #

Kimberly, home delivery is up and coming in urban areas. On this side of the Pacific similar services are offered in major market cities.

The States present a large geographic challenge to setting up home delivery services. Smaller cities and towns will be passed over for some time as vendors concentrate on developing services for higher population density regions.

Buying in bulk is a good idea. My wife and I purchase bulk non-perhisable items at our loca, Sam’s Club, aka hypermart or superstore.

For a fee one can get home delivery of dairy products and some baked goods. The fee however has those services in higher income areas only.

4. jolene July 15, 2014 at 12:35 am #

I still think Tesco is such disappointment because [1] reach my apartment, downstairs only call me because only then he saw the memo, [2] peeled prawns not very fresh and it’s almost room temperature, [3] no stock and didn’t tell me earlier, I was expecting some items [4] talking on the phone, personal call I think from downstairs up till my unit [5] late; expecting you to come between 2-4pm; not after 4pm.

5. Diljit singh September 20, 2014 at 3:26 pm #

Please check and update my card. No.634009480059900960 been purchasing at Tesco opening and ‘ll but no recorded in card. Please update immediately with particulars submitted weeks ago. Thank you.

6. YZ September 29, 2014 at 11:44 pm #

Rude staff
    I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this but whenever I order tesco online and book a slot. I actually have to keep calling tesco on the day of delivery, so that the delivery would come at the time booked. Otherwise, I have experienced before that the delivery come up to 6hours late! So coming late seems to be a norm for Tesco, I have been lucky a number of times but that too is because I was calling to see where they were. There are times when I am in a hurry to go out
    and they still didn’t arrive.
    There were twice when the drivers and assistant driver ( I don’t recall the names)were very rude to me, on top of being late they didn’t even apologize and acted very arrogant about it. Particularly today this driver Amdy(I think his name) started to scream and growl very loudly to me. Even his Assistant was very rude to me( the same one that came a different day with another rude driver).I just refuse to deal with him and closed the door! Is this the treatment tesco customers are subjected to now? Why can’t they just apologize and accept that they made a mistake? Of course customers get upset when they were a few hours late…I think we are entitled too since we are paying for the product but I don’t behave rudely!

• Octorber June 22, 2015 at 5:39 pm #

Hmm? last time I placed a order less than 2 hours they delivered to my house. The staff quite nice and polite. They even help me to carry. I’m satisfied with it.

7. suggestion October 29, 2014 at 5:52 pm #

Tesco online don’t have full range products. Like baby milk, Sustagen, they don’t have all flavours for all ages in their online website and coffee, kopiko brand they don’t have full product range such as the cappuccino and the mocha, which defeat the purpose of having online website as your customer have to still go back to their store or competitors. Which is in my case the two nearest hypermarket from my house is Gaint.

i hope they check your blog on customer feedback since they dont seem to understand what customer relationship management is. all they know is print 50 sen coupon etc and spam it to their customers home, so outdated. great investment to have the online website. very bad implementation. shame. fire those fat cats. wasted

• justine June 23, 2015 at 4:56 pm #

Now Tesco has updated the their range products in online shop. Quite details and a lot of choices even the small electrical appliances like fans and coffee maker. Of course for those big electrical appliances you have to visit the supermarket and select by yourself. You can try to contact to their customer service. All the staffs are polite and nice, once we report they will giving back feedback immediately.

• Amail June 24, 2015 at 6:06 pm #

yeah, even updated but still a few of the products is out of stocks and this situation forced you to go for others supermarket.

• justine June 24, 2015 at 6:18 pm #

That is only a few, I notice that they restock is quite fast. So, it’s not a big problem just make sure that you purchase your groceries before you going to finish it then it should be fine. Last-minute shopping is always unsuccesful. (*V*)

8. Natalie Perez February 27, 2015 at 8:12 pm #

You are very lucky then, if you think Tesco Malaysia is a wonderful service. I am British, and ashamed that Tesco have allowed their name to be used by the SHAM that is Tesco Malaysia. Disgraceful delivery service time and time again and I am no longer going to give them by business. Not that they care one bit to loose a customer -la. Tesco should demand they drop their name.

9. Lily April 1, 2015 at 11:02 pm #

I am very happy for my earlier 1st & 4th delivery by Tesco delivery to my house. I am not sure, how lucky or unlucky i am base on my experience with Tesco unreliable delivery staff..

My 5th time order, set the time range for delivery, the guy was early and can’t wait where i was at the office working. Then my orders all cancelled. Normally they will call to alert on delivery.

Just last Monday, 30 Apr 2015, i have ordered my monthly needs. Tesco sent confirmation of delivery. My surprise, Tesco cancel my order with out my consent or alert. I was waiting at home up to 10pm..When i call the careline, it was putting me on waiting list more than 15mins.

Is Tesco services are too over whelm?, at least a courtesy call or email me on the cancellation rather i rush back home from work and wait. Not responsible at all..

10. Wheeee May 2, 2015 at 4:17 pm #

Just tried this service today! I ordered a truck to ship some goods to my place at the 2pm to 4pm slot today and while there is a slight delay (a representative called me about it beforehand and it arrives at a mere 10 minutes after 4pm slot), and I’m really satisfied with this service! The staff is polite and helpful as he helped me place the goods at my doorstep, and the payment is swift and trouble-free! I’ve always had doubts about buying grocery online in Malaysia but I’m happy with the good service Tesco offered me! ^^

11. Melomeh June 25, 2015 at 6:09 pm #

I prefer to go tesco shopping instead of using shopping online. Placed order before with tesco but they came late didn’t inform me. I was waiting for my stuffs for nearly than 5 hours.

• Octorber June 25, 2015 at 6:26 pm #

I prefer both. When the time I free I will bring my family to go for shopping. During the time I am busy, I will just placed order online. Since this is so convenient. Went to others supermarket as well, but the item just not as many as tesco provide. Plus tesco also offer more option for you to select, even their own brand product cheap and nice.

12. Kelly June 26, 2015 at 9:43 am #

Hey guys, I have a few tesco coupon here with me and it almost the time to expire. Recently, I have been using tesco online shopping but every time I forgot to ask the staff whether they accept coupon or not? So, anyone know that Tesco online shopping accept coupon payment?

• justine June 26, 2015 at 11:29 am #

too bad, you can’t use coupon as a online payment method nor after the driven delivered your goods. They will not accept any coupon as a payment and it only accept only credit card or debit card. If you want to use your coupon before expire than you have no choice but go to tesco to finish your coupon. XD

• Kelvin June 26, 2015 at 12:57 pm #

I like tesco online shopping. Last time I bought some goods which less than rm30 and the delivery fee is free of charge. I even get some free sample of hair shampoo. Think I am going to be a regular customer for Tesco.