Saturday of friends - Narcissism is Necessary

Saturday of friends

Yay weekend is here!

# – Dressed for a hot day.

image

Dress with T motifs from Bangkok. Sunglasses from Religion. Bag from Longchamp. Sandals from Ipanema Gisele Bundchen.

===============

Had a nice girls only brunch with Ee Laine in Bangsar.

# – Banana leaf rice yums.

image

Hung out for a bit then came home to make more Hokkaido chiffon cakes to bring to Ee Laine’s mooncake festival house party.

Doubled up the recipe and tweaked the sugar content. Hubs said the previous batch wasn’t sweet enough.  This batch did taste better than yesterday’s attempt I must say.

# – More hokkaido chiffon cakes!

image

Great food (paella and yakitori from Grill Sargent, noodles from Ee Laine’s mom and potato salad from Ee Laine) and great company. Happy to see the gang. It’s been a while!

Forgot my phone so no pictures :(

9 Responses to Saturday of friends

1. shuhui September 23, 2013 at 8:08 pm #

hey KIM,

may i know where it this place that serve banana leaf in bangsar?

thanks alot!

• Kimberlycun September 24, 2013 at 2:01 am #

It is nirwana, opp bv2 same row as ambank

2. David September 24, 2013 at 12:43 am #

Kimberly, I dunno how you manage, but you appear to be quite the fashionista.

Everything on you, at least what you post, looks great. You have mastered the art of assembling ensembles for most every day!

Does your cirlce of friends consider you as a fashion trend setter?

• Kimberlycun September 24, 2013 at 2:04 am #

David thanks you’re too kind. Fashionista? ????? Noooooo haha Thank you though you made my day! Nice to know someone who likes these clothing posts :)

3. Jo September 25, 2013 at 8:50 am #

Hi Kimberly! The Hokkaido chiffon cake look so yummy, will you mind sharing the recipe you use? Thanks!

4. David September 25, 2013 at 8:10 pm #

Some very appealing food in this post!

It may be hot where you live, but here at 42.5N it’s a comfy 9C!

More good eats please!

5. Joce September 30, 2013 at 11:21 pm #

Hi Kim,

I used that recipe as well. Just wondering if your hokkaido chiffon cupcakes came out light, soft and fluffy? Mine was too densed (wasn’t fluffy like chiffon cakes). Was wondering if its because of the amount of cake flour coz i saw another recipe which uses less..

Thanks!

• Kimberlycun October 1, 2013 at 12:01 am #

Hi Joce,

Mine was pretty fluffy actually, the recipe was very good for me that i made it 3 times. My only complaint is that some people might find it too egg-y. Did you sift the flour? Was your meringue okay? Hope you didn’t overmix the batter?

I used plain flour instead of cake flour too. Do try with less flour…I don’t think it will affect the cake much.