3 more days to a brand new year. Wow!! Last year I posted a list of my 2011 resolutions.
Looking through my list, I think I did pretty well! 7 out of 13 resolutions accomplished. Most of the big ticket items were struck out, so it’s not too bad. *pats self on the shoulder*
Get a diving license (so I can quit snorkelling and do the real thing with mah peeps).
- Pimp up my ride (change the body kit, put in a sweet stereo system, install anti-roll bar, noise-proofing, maybeeee repaint :D).
- Drive to Thailand.
Dive in Thailand.
- Dive in Philippines.
Dye my hair (the last time I did it was 10 years ago out of rebellion, this time I’d be doing it to obscure my bald patch. FML).
- Get proper singing lessons (because I don’t want to waste these great genes, ahem).
- Get proper sewing lessons (so I can sew in a straight line).
Refurbish at least one furniture (my contribution the the environment and my ego). Throw out all my current shoes and replace them with new ones (to be honest, I’d probably do this before the year ends :P).
- Run everyday (so Charlie can run instead of walk alongside me, so my heart can be strong & healthy despite the truck load of pork I’ll be consuming and finally, so money on that treadmill won’t be burnt :P)
I almost forgot shopping for new clothes, FML. And lastly, bake a fucking bundt cake!!!!
DONE! Best thing I’ve ever done for myself. Love being underwater! Love being at the beach!
DONE! Koh Lipe ftw :D
DONE! 3 times in fact. Cut it short summore…so brave!
DONE! Painted a table silver and along the way painted my porch as well which led to G being angsty at me for a few days. I had to get on my knees to scrub paint off for a few hours before he would stop throwing me dirty looks :(
DONE! Got some old favourites which I have kept because they still look mint. Got money also cannot waste like that right?
DONE! Not as much as I like but good enough :D
DONE! Baked more than just a bundt cake, I made LOADS of food!
So for the year 2012…
1. I vow to strike out all the unfulfilled resolutions in 2011 above (all 6 of them).
2. I vow to get my eyesight fixed with Lasik.
3. I vow to make a crockenbouche.
4. I vow to take care of my hair a little better than I normally do.
5. I vow to travel more.
6. I vow to print and hang pictures on our currently empty walls.
7. I vow to read at least one book a month.
8. I vow to be positive and optimistic.
9. I vow to be forgiving and patient.
10. I vow to be grateful and thankful for everything, no matter how trivial.
11. Dig a hole in my backyard so when the world ends, I can hide in it.
Kidding about the last one.
Only 16 resolutions altogether. Game on! Have a happy new year peeps!