Supremely easy no-bake chocolate cornflake cups recipe for Mother's Day. - Narcissism is Necessary

Supremely easy no-bake chocolate cornflake cups recipe for Mother’s Day.

This is perfect for Mother’s Day because anyone can make this. I’m serious…..whether you’re a man, woman, young or old, a pro or completely inept in cooking, YOU CAN STILL MAKE THIS.

# – No-bake chocolate cornflake cups for Mother’s Day :)

It is delicious, crunchy and superbly chocolatey. And believe it or not, all can be done within 1/2 hour! The recipe serves 18, so there will be plenty to go around but make sure Mom gets the largest share!

The ingredients:

• 50gm butter
  • 100 gm of dark chocolate (60% cocoa and above)
  • 50 gm caster sugar
  • 1 tablespoon of golden syrup
  • 100 gm cornflakes

# – First of all, dump dark chocolates, butter and sugar into a bowl suspended over a pot of boiling water. It’s okay if the the bottom of the bowl touches the water. Stir till everything’s melted.

Of course, you can melt them up in a bowl in the microwave at High for 2 minutes ;)

# – Then dump in a tablespoon of golden syrup. Stir till combined…

# – Then throw in the cornflakes. Turn off the heat.

# – With a metal spoon, mix till cornflakes are well coated with chocolate sauce. Do this as fast as you can so the corn flakes won’t be soggy.

# – Lay out 18 cupcake liners and put a tablespoon of cornflake mixture into each cup.

# – Stick it in the fridge for 1/2 hour.

# – 30 minutes later….voila! No-bake chocolate cornflake cups, DONE!

# – They are so, so, so delicious! Crunchy and chocolatey, the perfect combo!

As the recipe uses dark chocolate, it’s not too sweet, so I believe even the most stoic Moms with no sweet tooth will succumb! By the way, store them in the fridge. They won’t melt but they will go soft in high humidity.

So, have you planned anything for your Mom? Besides this chocolatey snack, I’ve got something else up my sleeve too. Will blog about it next week :D

I’m so excited!!!!

Have a Happy Mother’s Day weekend to all Mothers! <3

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to Supremely easy no-bake chocolate cornflake cups recipe for Mother’s Day.

1. Three-Cookies May 6, 2011 at 5:42 pm #

This is awesome, salty, sweet, crispy…I bought cornflakes yesterday and have another recipe in mind, I will add this to the list I think!

2. Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover May 6, 2011 at 9:34 pm #

Usually I make this during CNY, ya, this is easy to make and yet delicious. Thanks for stopping by my blog .

• Kimberlycun May 6, 2011 at 10:37 pm #

Always a pleasure to read your blog sonia! Thanks for dropping by too :D

3. sotong May 6, 2011 at 10:33 pm #

this i made before on cny! but mine got add some peanut butter.. taste awesome!

• Kimberlycun May 6, 2011 at 10:37 pm #

Wah peanut butter!!!!!! I must try that!!!!

4. Kristen May 7, 2011 at 2:35 am #

There is nothing Moms love more than chocolate and treats made by hands other than their own. What a fun recipe.

5. yvonne May 7, 2011 at 3:08 am #

You are a sweet one, sweetie! You have been blogging about your cooking, and I want to thank you for your posts. I love reading all of them. You are amazing, girlie! :-)
    Thanks!

6. Chumi May 7, 2011 at 4:25 am #

OMG.. u r a star!!!!!! i’ve been hunting high n low for easy cornflakes cookies recipes but found none!! (i am as hopeless in looking for recipe as i am in cooking/baking/roasting)

seriously… how do u manage to cook so much while managing a job/house/family/friends/etc. etc.??

• Kimberlycun May 7, 2011 at 11:40 am #

thank you! hope the recipe works out for you. i just cook for dinner on the weekdays and before bedtime haha.

7. whytevee May 7, 2011 at 11:56 am #

nothing beats chocolate covered anything! thanks for the recipe..shall make these yummy looking snack soon! there’s another version to this snack using honey, butter, and sprinkles of chocolate rice or colored candy bits and baked in the oven..it’s called honey covered cornflakes..can always be found during raya or cny season..

• Kimberlycun May 12, 2011 at 12:11 am #

true that! omg i need to find that recipe!!!!

8. Ming May 9, 2011 at 6:16 am #

I made some of these along with some chocolate peanut butter cups (because Reese’s just weren’t cutting it) and they turned out great!

Although it’s sad that I’m the only one scarfing them down due to the whole living alone abroad thing.

Thanks! :)

• Kimberlycun May 12, 2011 at 12:06 am #

awww, hope they made good company for you /hugs

9. Lynn January 8, 2017 at 1:35 am #

Hello I can’t find golden syrup, are there any substitutes or is it okay to leave it out?