fantastic service at hairkunst, the curve - Narcissism is Necessary

fantastic service at hairkunst, the curve

On Saturday, I put up an SOS on twitter.

SOS

And this is what Sabrina replied to me in matter of minutes. Thanks babe!

sabrina

I made the call to Hairkunst while still driving and managed to score an appointment with Jojo.

At The Curve, I called them again because I couldn’t find their premise. It’s because the shop is located with the offices. You have to take the lifts behind Sakae Sushi to 2nd floor. Nice decor, nice music and complimentary internet usage (with a laptop!!!).

The service was outstanding. Jojo was a joy. She patiently listened to my hair predicament and then told me what she could do. She was never once patronising and best of all….none of those product pushing bullshit.

I told her I wanted a soft fringe and layered body to offset the kink where my straightened and natural hair meets. She gave me exactly what I wanted but better.

#1 – Before

#2 – Shampooing

#3 – Nip Nip Nip

#4 – Final touches

#5 – Result

#6 – Ms. Jojo of Hairkunst, The Curve
jojo

The price for my do? I had earlier withdrawn RM500 to make sure I had enough to pay for the cut and some impending products I may succumb to purchase.

I was shell-shocked to be charged the grand sum of RM55.

Hairkunst,
The Curve,
Lot 226, 2nd Floor
6, Jalan PJU7/3, Mutiara Damansara
47800 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Tel: 03-77105585

, , , , , ,

28 Responses to fantastic service at hairkunst, the curve

1. Nick Chhan May 10, 2009 at 10:25 pm #

Wow :) I’m going to try, after I grow my hair longer. Thanks Kim!

2. Paris B May 10, 2009 at 10:25 pm #

Awesome! Good hairdressers are hard to come by and this one’s super affordable! Now… do I cheat on mine? :P

3. Mellissa May 10, 2009 at 10:32 pm #

They also do really awesome hair extensions – a new Austrian technique using some sorta laser fusing so it lasts the whole year and you cannot tell where the hair and extension meet. Except it costs like RM3000 :S

But they really are awesome, I highly recommend them too! Everyone is so freaking nice and friendly!

4. Kimberlycun May 10, 2009 at 10:53 pm #

nick: i don’t doubt that they can do a fantastic job with men’s hair.

pb: hehe give them a try. who knows there’s a reason to start an affair :D

mell: wtf rm3000! yeah everyone was so nais! i feel like going there just to blowdry my hair and stuff

5. rinnah May 10, 2009 at 11:44 pm #

Nice cut, Kim! Hmm… like Paris said, should I cheat on my current stylist? Hehehehe… :D

6. Tan Yee Hou May 10, 2009 at 11:48 pm #

she looks decent, unlike *most* of the ah lian hairdresses we see around.

7. Denise May 11, 2009 at 1:16 am #

What. the. crab. RM55??? that’s superrr cheap for a haircut in a mall, and a director’s cut?? awesome

8. Kimberlycun May 11, 2009 at 3:05 am #

rinnah: thanks! hehehe why not?

yeehou: jojo is best!

denise: jojo is senior stylist. director’s cut would be bambang at rm100 at the least. still very reasonable i think!

9. ShaolinTiger May 11, 2009 at 3:07 am #

Super cheap and good results..I’d go there if I had any hair :P

10. KY May 11, 2009 at 9:44 am #

oOo RM 55 is a very good deal!

ShaolinTiger,
    Call and ask if they service other type of hair? :S

11. Myhorng May 11, 2009 at 11:49 am #

now i understand after looking at jojo.

12. kellster May 11, 2009 at 12:45 pm #

you have solved my latest problems babe.
    was looking for another hair stylist that was good.
    wanted to either trim my hair or re=perm it.

1utama the one i go too, the last time i did my treatment and re-permed, it cost me rm500.

so i’m going to this place you said ASAP!!!!!!!

13. skyler May 11, 2009 at 12:50 pm #

uh i think i go to school with bambang O_O

14. eyeris May 11, 2009 at 11:21 pm #

HairKunts? Seriously? LOL.

15. Kimberlycun May 12, 2009 at 1:39 am #

st: you have some mah hehehe

ky: yeah it is! i was so surprised.

horng: -_-

kellster: good luck babe!

skyler: that’s cool!

eyeris: i knew that was cumming

16. Fieran May 12, 2009 at 4:02 am #

@eyeris: It’s “Kunst” which means “Art” in Norwegian or “Art/Skill” in German.
    @kim: I’m alright, just lot of challenges at work. Have one leg in the door, one leg out. Damn economy makes me unsure. Not to mention the work environment, etc.

17. eyeris May 12, 2009 at 7:46 am #

@Fieran: Gee whiz, you mean they didn’t mean that other word after all? Heh.

18. julian May 12, 2009 at 10:52 am #

‘kunst’ also means ‘art’ in Flemish; and ‘wet’ means law – hence the “Kunst-Wet metro station” in Brussels :/

19. Racheal Tan May 13, 2009 at 10:35 am #

oh gosh! so cheap wei!!! the last i visited Peekaboo, they charged me RM65 for shampooing, hair cut and blow and i thought that was already cheap. but yours is so much cheaper! i’m gonna visit here soon…thanks for the information :))

20. Jess May 15, 2009 at 12:16 am #

Wow-ser!!!! 55 bucks! I’m gonna give em a go!!

21. jojo anton May 15, 2009 at 2:57 pm #

thank you so much kumberly for a good publish for our hairsalon…hope to see you again…

22. sooyin May 16, 2009 at 5:12 pm #

Thanks for the review! I was searching for salons @ Curve and read your blog post…just got back from Hairkunst after a cut with Jojo…I totally love it! =)) In fact, it’s the first time I’ve had a cut that I really like…=P

23. stzegarden November 9, 2009 at 6:30 pm #

I just had my 1st haircut by Jojo today & it turn out better than what I wanted. :)

Btw, Jojo has much shorter hair now but still maintain her natural curls.

24. swee January 15, 2010 at 6:40 pm #

i’ve once been to hairkunst and they did a great job too..

25. interested July 31, 2010 at 10:05 pm #

are their hair extensions really that expensive?? how long does it take??

1. Hair or lackthereof and other things. » NARCISSISM IS NECESSARY - October 10, 2009

[…] was not the only one who got a hair cut. I did too! Been about 6 months since my last visit to Hairkunst, with birds attempting to dive into my hair I figured it’s time to make myself look human […]

2. My highlights of 2009 in a single post. » NARCISSISM IS NECESSARY - December 30, 2009

[…] I suppose it was a pretty quiet month, unless you count finding THE ONE. By the one, I mean my hair salon. I’m not a loyal patron of Hair Kunst, because basically, […]

3. 2nd anniversary of Tweeting » NARCISSISM IS NECESSARY - April 1, 2010

[…] very first twitpic was this picture I took of myself at the salon to immortalise the only time in my life where I had a nice hairdo…for 2 […]