Truth is. - Narcissism is Necessary

Truth is.

Truth is I got a little caught up with all the traffic chasing. I’d blog and I’d get angry when I see that my traffic doesn’t match up with the effort I put in. Truth is when I put in that much effort, I wasn’t blogging for myself anymore.

This used to be fun and leisurely. It had turned into a chore.

So, I’m slowly weaning myself off this race. Been blogging with no expectations and restraints for the past 3 weeks and loving it. I’m a much calmer person.

Am also working on other aspects of my life. Trying to move away from from this plateau, do a little bit of growing up. Am glad the boo is willingly walking down this path with me (no, we’re not getting married…stop asking!).

Also, trying my hand in real writing. Finally, after getting put off for so long by half-bucket magazines who didn’t even have the decency to credit one properly (I’ve been credited as Kimberly Choong. Who the fuck is Kimberly Choong? Not to mention discrepancy of names throughout KimberLEY KimberLY WTF?), I’m finally truly, unequivocally published.

As some of you may have known, I now have a permanent column in FHM Malaysia called “Booby Trap”. Feel free to speculate why the name is so, but it’s really not as dirty as you think it is. Hehe. FHM is my favourite men’s magazine and I’m not just saying this because I write for them. I used to buy it every month without fail for a couple of years (even have the collection to prove it), which is why I’m immensely proud to be writing for them now.

FHM

So, what’s contained in Booby Trap? Well, just general, mostly funny observations by yours truly – online and offline. Do get yourself a copy of FHM Malaysia, especially next month’s as I was really, really, really stoked writing October’s column. It’ll be something that happened to me, way before I started blogging and I don’t think I’ve ever told anyone about it :)

, , , , , ,

15 Responses to Truth is.

1. Serge Norguard September 18, 2008 at 1:01 pm #

i’ve always been wordpressing for my own and my own only. It’s nice to have traffic, yet at the end of the day it is only fun when I do it because i want to and not because i wanted traffic.

2. Cheesie September 18, 2008 at 1:29 pm #

Exactly my sentiment. When you re-read your entries two years ago you wonder why you blog so much better then.

3. naeboo September 18, 2008 at 1:32 pm #

but msian fhm is fucking crap. too much censorship hahahaha

and that ironlady (u shld know who), she’s not very good at what she’s doing coz she’s from a HR background.

u just be careful there k. working for singaporeans are just… ugh.

4. pinkpau September 18, 2008 at 1:37 pm #

im so happy for u abt the non traffic thing!!! this calls for a transcontinental celebration

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY WHY ARE YOU AND BF NOT GETTING MARRIED

5. pinkpau September 18, 2008 at 1:39 pm #

omg u wrote abt mr doctor. kimberly u must send me a soft copy of all ur articles T_________T

6. suanie September 18, 2008 at 3:30 pm #

hehaheae congrats on the article :)

7. beetrice September 18, 2008 at 4:25 pm #

hehe…just curious as to why you’d accumulate FHM magazines!! :D but now I’ve got to go pick up the mag just to see what ELSE you’ve put in there about the FB doc! LOL!

8. Kimberlycun September 18, 2008 at 4:35 pm #

serge: good on you man. keep it up :)

cheesie: yeah. well, never too late to go back to basics :)

naeboo: hrmm i don’t know who is this iron lady lor but as far as i’m concerned everyone at FHM is having a great time, myself included :) and FHM malaysia is not crap and certainly not filled with adverts. in fact now that i’m onboard it’s gonna be even more fabulous hahahahha

pinkpau: celebration! jubilation! i know you will be proud of me LSA, sniff. aiya marriage later lah…i’ll send you the articles after i pdf-ied them hehe. mwahs

suanie: thank yous :D

bee: dirty, funny and witty articles. sick of those self-help crap in women’s mags mah :) i stopped buying for a while after the ning baizura’s fiasco coz the mag was forced to censor so much..but it’s coming back!

9. Dabido September 18, 2008 at 6:36 pm #

‘So, what’s contained in Booby Trap?’

Sticky silicon ????

10. pinkpau September 18, 2008 at 10:05 pm #

all natural milky goodness!

11. chriso September 19, 2008 at 1:43 am #

heck even landing on your website is a booby trap by itself ;)

12. fish fish September 19, 2008 at 11:33 am #

May I have a copy too after you Pdf-ed it? Can’t buy it here. Thanks!

13. joshuaongys September 21, 2008 at 4:29 am #

good one!! all thest best in your writings for FHM yea!

14. naeboo September 21, 2008 at 11:03 am #

that woman is not on the editorial team.

but since u say the team is now more fab than previously, then i guess they did mean what they said abt being better and put in more content than just adverts and complaining abt the censorship.

good luck! :)

15. Nigel September 22, 2008 at 2:48 am #

Congrats on the article Kim! =)