Stuck. - Narcissism is Necessary

Stuck.

I’ve been feeling restless recently. I think I know why, but I suppose some things are best kept to myself. Something really huge is going to happen to me but I don’t know when and I don’t know whether it’s good or bad, but I do know that it’s going to be soon. And because of this nagging feeling of impending something, I’ve been either tirelessly trying to think up a solution, or numbing myself with endless supply of b-grade movies.

I suppose that’s why I escaped to my past for a while. Just to remind myself of how it used to be, why I disliked it. But just like how every turn of events in my life had always turned out, I found myself getting comfortable while acquainting with the old and familiar. Unable to move on.

Which makes it even funnier, as the reason I ran was because I felt stuck in the present. In situations like this, my tendency to blame is increased by ten folds. Thanks to you, I want to say, but words simply escaped me. Because deep inside, I know it’s really not your fault. It’s just that I’ve simply gotten sick of now.

I’m trying to wait it out. Maybe the storm will pass, it must pass.

12 Responses to Stuck.

1. Simon Seow June 9, 2008 at 3:49 pm #

*hugz*

2. Fieran June 9, 2008 at 4:19 pm #

Cheer up hun. *hug*

3. KY June 9, 2008 at 4:21 pm #

whatever it is, good luck! :D

4. Huai Bin June 9, 2008 at 10:52 pm #

Cheer up, Kim! *hugs*

I know it’s hard to do this right now but live every day like it’s your last. I find solace in this sometimes, and things get in a more positive light.

5. tigerjoe June 10, 2008 at 12:03 am #

This post leaves no room for corny jokes. Hence I offer these words instead:

The comfort zone is always a nice place to be; but sometimes a person has a better chance of realizing their full potential when they leave it.

6. naeboo June 10, 2008 at 12:50 am #

im sure he stole the line from someone else, but nvm. master “oogway”(wu gui)said “the past is history. the future is a mystery. the present is a gift… that’s why it’s called THE PRESENT” :)

thinking about the past too much is not a way to help what’s happening now. neither does being in the comfort zone too long.

that’s why, going in the opposite direction or sitting still inside a moving train still gets you to point B. u still need to get used to being there. better sooner than later.

7. Does it matter June 10, 2008 at 7:23 am #

The “feeling down” phase will pass. Life is a cycle and it goes up and down. When u are down, just ride it out. “Time” is the best healer of all things.

8. Rachel June 10, 2008 at 10:44 am #

My Dear Slow Mo,
    I love you! Mwahhh… Buzz me if you need to talk, anytime! =) Hug Hug, take care.

9. Dabido June 10, 2008 at 8:23 pm #

*passes antidepressants*

Wish I could speak cryptic as well as I speak gibberish!

10. yahui June 10, 2008 at 11:02 pm #

dear Kim was happy in the previous post, and now she’s feeling depressed not long after. hope you’ll get over it soon. here’s a bit of my support- *hugs*

11. tc boy June 11, 2008 at 12:12 am #

cheer up babe… time will cure everything i believe… watever has passed have to be left as a history.. a past… concentrate on ur future cos tat’s wat ur heading to…

12. Kimberlycun June 11, 2008 at 11:37 am #

thanks everyone for the kind words. i think the storm has passed! :D