Eversince I learnt how to stuff quilt into quilt cover quickly, I have always wanted to share how I do it. It used to be one of my most dreaded chores because it’s really hard to fit a king sized quilt into its cover.
Now though, I enjoy doing it because it gives me a sense of accomplishment every single time haha. You could probably find plenty of videos on how to quickly put on quilt cover but it always involve rolling up the quilt/cover together first and I have tried that and found it a bit hard due to the large king size.
I find my method easier as I can do everything while standing comfortably around the bed. I hope the tutorial is clear enough. I tried to make a video but it’s hard to make one by myself, maybe next time when Gareth is around to help me!
For now, I hope the pictures and instructions are suffice:
1. Lay quilt cover on the bed, inside out and spread it out flat with its opening at the bed-end.
2. Then, lay the quilt over the quilt cover.
3. Make sure all the corners match and tie all the corners of the quilt and quilt cover together if you like.
4. Now, stand at the end of your bed. Put your hand into the quilt cover and grab the left corner (together with the quilt) and pull it out.
5. Once pulled out, it will look kind of like this.
6. Now, do the same thing with the right-hand corner. Put hand inside the quilt cover, grab right corner (together with the quilt) and pull it out. You will end up with this.
At this point, you will have one layer of quilt cover fabric still quite flat on the bed, with a thin sausage on top of it.
7. Now, continue putting your hand inside the quilt cover, find the left side seam (together with the quilt) and pull it out. It will look and feel weird/messy but no worries…be patient.
8. Continue with the right side seam. Put hand inside the quilt cover, find the right seam (together with the quilt) and pull it out. The roll will get gradually fatter.
9. Repeat (7) and (8) until you’ve run out of side seams. Now you got yourself a massive sausage on your bed.
10. Almost there! Now, slip your hand underneath the massive sausage and find the top seam (together with the quilt) and pull the entire seam + quilt towards yourself.
11. Now the sausage will begin to unroll.
12. Watch as it unrolls with the quilt neatly inside the cover.
14. Now, button up the opening of the quilt cover.
15. And make your bed. You may want to iron your sheets, I don’t though…sorry about the wrinkles lol.
Thanks for reading and hope this helps!