Eyebrow embroidery by HueVicky for gorgeous eyebrows - Narcissism is Necessary

Eyebrow embroidery by HueVicky for gorgeous eyebrows

The most important thing for me to look and feel human…are my eyebrows. Unfortunately, I’m not genetically blessed in that department.

Those uneven patches of hair above my eyes, those aren’t eyebrows. They are universe way of playing a joke on me. I mean, just look at this picture of me.

Behold, an unedited, untouched, picture of me without make-up. Thankfully Liam has inherited his dad’s beautiful, luscious brows. Can’t say the same for his hair though lol.

As you can see, my natural eyebrows were droopy, shapeless and simply unspectacular. I used to have to draw and fill them in before stepping out of the house but since having a young son, ain’t nobody have time for that! So since last year, I started researching on eyebrow embroidery. My main concerns were as follow, not in order of importance:

1. Pain level
– Well of course I would like it to be as painless as possible. But everyone I heard from said it has to hurt at some point so this had stopped me from taking the plunge.

2. Hygiene
– No explanation needed. I need to do it at a place where I won’t contract squirrel Aids.

3. Aesthetic eye
– This is probably my biggest concern. I need someone who truly understands how the eyebrows frame a woman’s face. The thing with a lot of places is that they follow the latest trends so some women end up looking really weird! And then all these nonsense about 6D and 8D and so on, please lah. I’ve seen some places which even use a kind of stencil to determine the shape of the eyebrows. Please, NO!

4. Skills
– This is quite hard to tell especially with the big named places. They always have different eyebrow embroidery artists in rotation and every skill level is different.

3. Price
– Of course, the ringgit factor counts. I’ve heard there are places that charge up to RM12,000! I want new eyebrows, not new eyes.

And really, I thought I would never find a place that could do my eyebrows with all these factors in my favour until….until I met Vicky.

This is Vicky.

I met Vicky at the unlikeliest place. We were strangers participating in a portrait sketching workshop. Besides being a stunning creature, she’s really friendly and easy-going so we started chatting.

I found out that she was learning to be a tattooist but she’s a full-time eyebrow embroidery artist. I started following her Instagram and in no time, I completely fell in love with her work. Her drawings, her tattoos, the dolls she knitted, her calligraphy, her tattoos….just wow!

She designed and drew this badass cat and embroidered it herself.

Some of her WIPs which you could see in her studio if you’re lucky like me.

Vicky is a true blue artist with an amazing eye for aesthetics. She’s also an accomplished yogi!

That said, what I was truly interested in were her clients’ eyebrows. They always, always look so great! She also does male eyerbrows splendidly.

Vicky also promises one thing whenever she talks about her eyebrow work – she guarantees no pain.

NO PAIN? Really meh??

I can honestly tell you, she isn’t lying.

And now, thanks to Vicky, I have eyebrows that I’m proud to show to the world. They won’t melt off in the face of the sun, rain, sea or sweat. I am beyond thrilled!

My brand new eyebrows. Thank you Vicky!

I chose Vicky for this important task of giving me permanent eyebrows was simply because she satisfied all my considerations above. No pain, hygienic, great eye for beauty, very experienced and very affordable too.

She operates out of Damansara Perdana too which is a major plus for me as I live just 10 minutes drive away.

Vicky drawing my brows in before the embroidery began. At this point, you can keep redoing your brows until you are satisfied.

Then she applied the anaesthetic to numb the eyebrow areas. This is where the no-pain guarantee came in and it was truly no pain! I will not give it away and let Vicky tell you how it’s done.

About an hour later, my eyebrows freshly embroidered. They got darker in a couple of days and then healed and peeled off in a week to reveal natural, beautifully shaped brows :)

I returned to Vicky’s a month later for a touch-up session. This is the time where any inconsistency of colour (should there be any) can be fixed. I already quite liked the first result but felt that just a wee more thickness would make me even happier so Vicky gave me exactly what I wanted.

Like this! I am so happy with my eyebrows. Now they always look groomed and luscious!

Anyway, if you would like Vicky to fix your eyebrows or eyeline (yes, she does painless eyeliner embroidery too!), here’s the deet:

Please message her at:

wechat: huevickyaunty126
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HueVicky-158761564185702/

I don’t think she checks instagram messages so please use the above platforms to reach her :)

Anyway, here is me, ready for my close-up even after my foundation/lipstick have melted and disappeared. Thank you Vicky for them eyebrows!

16 Responses to Eyebrow embroidery by HueVicky for gorgeous eyebrows

1. Jazz June 14, 2017 at 4:04 pm #

Hi Kim, I did my eyebrow embroi with Vicky too after seeing your IG posting. :)

• Kimberly Low June 15, 2017 at 2:22 pm #

Hope you enjoy your new eyebrows as much I do!

2. Susan June 21, 2017 at 5:59 pm #

Wow! It really does look very natural!

3. Winnie June 27, 2017 at 9:01 pm #

hey, may i know approx how much is the whole embroidery session?
    thank you so much.

• Kimberly Low July 3, 2017 at 9:52 am #

Best to ask Vicky herself. She’s affordable! :)

4. SIm June 28, 2017 at 12:08 pm #

Kim, I did mine too with Vicky aft seeing ur post..super love my eyebrow 😀😀

• Kimberly Low July 3, 2017 at 9:52 am #

Yay! I love mine too! :D

• Bibi November 30, 2017 at 3:29 pm #

Hi Kimberly

I read your report and decided that I would want to find Vicky to do the same.

I have to travel in about 2 weeks time so would love to get my brow done by Vicky before I leave.

Many Thanks
        Bibi

I

5. Bibi November 30, 2017 at 3:06 pm #

Hi there

I am a 60 yr old woman and not on Facebook or Instagram.

Is there a number I can ring Vicky Hue?

Many Thanks
    Bibi

6. Suyin May 4, 2018 at 12:04 pm #

Came across your post, while searching for eyebrow artist. I have been to Vicky Hue, and she is indeed very friendly, at first. I did my eyeliner tattoo with her, however, She did not clearly state that touch ups have to be done within the window between 2-3 months.

As I do not live in Malaysia, I asked if it’s possible to extend this, and she very rudely told me that every client of hers know that she charges after three months. Her messages got increasingly rude “I got a lot oversea customers, all know I will charge after 3 months”; “I did a lot of eyebrow for ang mo ya”;

My eyeliner was wonky – one side was thicker than the other. On my left eye, the line moved away and she tried to cover up with nude tattoo ink. Despite all of this, she refused to relax her 2/3 month rule

I have all this messages saved, and I would be very hesitant to go back to her again because 1) her lack of customer service; 2) she operates from her home which smells of dogs. 3) very friendly in the beginning, and got nasty after being paid

All the above are objective observations, I just thought I should share my experience so customers can make an educated choice.

7. Jean May 7, 2018 at 12:56 pm #

I did my eyebrow embroidery with Vicky too! She is very professional at what she’s doing and was willing to provide her professional opinion to me. Not only that, she’s very friendly in person! I find it very easy to chat with her and she made me feel comfortable around her. Just like an old friend. Her work is fabulous! I really love her work on my eyebrow and would recommend it to all of my friends! Last but not least, trust the skill! Not the advertisement!

8. Angie May 31, 2018 at 9:42 pm #

Vicky did my very first eyebrow embroidery last January 2018. She told me to come back to touch up in 8-10 weeks and i missed my appointment regarding family emergency “twice”, the second one i even forgot to let her know i wasnt coming. Vicky was upset cause I’ve wasted her time and told me i have to pay a little extra as it was already due for the touch up, which i agree to pay because it was my mistake in a first place.

Today i finally did make it to get my eyebrows touch up and very pleased with the result. I have a zero ltolerance with pain and it didnt hurt one bit, only after when its done but still tolerable. I can’t wait until the scars peeled off so i can have my natural eyebrow looks.

Overall, Vicky is very friendly and she has the cutest little puppy which was quite entertaining. Will def recommend her to all my friends !

9. Karh Mern June 4, 2018 at 9:55 pm #

I just had my eyebrow and eyeliner did in a session with Vicky along with my monther and sis. Not only that her skills were good, she was also very patient with us. It’s rather tiring to do three brows at one go, but her skills had proven that it’s possible.
    Her puppy was also very obident throughout the whole time, was a great accompanion. Highly recommend! Super patient with me as I was sensitive with pain even after an hour on numbing cream! Thank you :))

10. YM June 4, 2018 at 10:11 pm #

Received excellent service from Vicky too. Highly recommend for those who wish to get excellent brows!

11. YM June 4, 2018 at 10:16 pm #

Different people has different opinion. It’s an art, shall not be measured. Cheers!