Trying to get the kids to eat to no avail? Well, here’s a recipe that would catch their attention – a “muffin” made out of pasta…that is also a pizza! Even the adults would be intrigued :)
With Prego sauces, this dish can be whipped up in more or less 30 minutes and it is as easy as 1,2,3!
Behold….the recipe for my Jolly Spaghetti Pizza Muffins!
Ingredients for 12 Jolly Spaghetti Pizza Muffins :
1 350gm jar of Prego Traditional Pasta Sauce
1 300gm can of Prego Mushroom Alfredo Sauce
250gm of Prego Spaghetti (half a packet)
Without further ado…
1. First of all, boil all the eggs for 7 minutes. Then drain and allow to cool.
2. Next, boil water and cook 250gm of Prego Spaghetti for 12 minutes.
3. While the pasta is cooking, grease the muffin tin with a little bit of olive oil.
4. After pasta’s cooked, drain them. Leave them in the strainer for a couple of minutes to allow most of the water to drain off.
5. Now, open the can of Prego Mushrom Alredo sauce. The smell of delicious mushroom is fabulous!
6. Pour 3/4 of a can into the drained pasta.
7. Mix well. I used my hands cause I could make sure that every bit of pasta got coated in the sauce.
8. Next, divide the pasta into all the muffin tin holes.
9. Bake in preheated oven of 220c for 15 minutes.
10. While waiting for the pasta to bake, quarter all the eggs.
11. After 15 minutes in the oven, your pasta pizza crusts are now done!
12. Time to open the jar of Prego Traditional Pasta Sauce.
13. Spoon a dollop of Traditional Pasta Sauce over each pasta crust.
14. Then top off with a wedge of egg. If you don’t want to use eggs, you can also use tuna or chicken.
15. Remember the can of Mushroom Alfredo sauce earlier? Well, spoon it over the egg, baby.
16. What a glorious sight…but it’s not done yet.
17. Stick it under the grill for 5 minutes just for the Mushroom Alfredo sauce to bubble up.
18. Now, these babies are ready to be devoured!
19. Crunchy, tart and creamy all at the same time. A smorgasbord of delicious textures.
There’s something for everybody from Prego.
Canned sauces that are great for travel. Also handy if there were a zombie apocalypse – can eat and also throw at them )
A good variety of pasta.
This recipe was created in collaboration with Prego :)