Last year, I made a list of resolutions for 2012 and now it’s time to see if I had managed to achieve any.
My resolutions for 2012 and their statuses:
1.I vow to strike out all the unfulfilled resolutions in 2011 (all 6 of them).
–Pimp up my ride (change the body kit, put in a sweet stereo system, install anti-roll bar, noise-proofing, maybeeee repaint :D).
Nope :( but… :)
–Drive to Thailand.
We’ve done that! But obviously it’s the hubs who did the driving. I’m going to do it this year though.
–Dive in Philippines.
Nope :( We did dive in Indonesia so that’s good. We’ve got a diving trip planned in May 2013 as well it’s very near Philippines but still consider Malaysia haha.
–Get proper singing lessons (because I don’t want to waste these great genes, ahem).
Not yet…too chickenshit :(
–Get proper sewing lessons (so I can sew in a straight line).
Honestly, I think I’ve lost the interest in sewing.
–Run everyday (so Charlie can run instead of walk alongside me, so my heart can be strong & healthy despite the truck load of pork I’ll be consuming and finally, so money on that treadmill won’t be burnt :P)
2. I vow to get my eyesight fixed with Lasik.
DONE! This is the best thing I have ever done for myself. To read about my lasik experience, go here.
3. I vow to make a crockenbouche.
Crap! I didn’t really make crockenbouche T_T but I did make choux pastry so technically am halfway there!
4. I vow to take care of my hair a little better than I normally do.
I guess? I am using virgin coconut oil for my hair these days…seems to work cause my hair is less frizzy!
5. I vow to travel more.
Not as much as I prefered but I did get out of the country a few times.
6. I vow to print and hang pictures on our currently empty walls.
Yikes! 2 years in this house and we haven’t actually done that :P
7. I vow to read at least one book a month.
I kept it up for about half a year….then failed :P
8. I vow to be positive and optimistic.
Not bad :)
9. I vow to be forgiving and patient.
Yes and no. I was very unforgiving and impatient towards certain people. I dropped two people permanently off my life cause life is too short to hang out with people that mess with your bliss.
10. I vow to be grateful and thankful for everything, no matter how trivial.
Glad to say I pretty much stuck to that. It is a very rewarding feeling.
11. Dig a hole in my backyard so when the world ends, I can hide in it.
You know how that turned out..
So what are my resolutions for 2013?
1. Take my mummy on a vacation
2. Get fitter (I know right, how cliched)
3. Dive in the Philippines (of course!)
4. Make a crockenbouche (I will really this time!)
5. Travel more. (Duh)
6. Start a bliss business (by that I mean something that is completely not profit oriented but I’d just do it because it makes me happy)
7. Have bi-monthly mini vacations with my girlfriends. (You all reading this?)
8. Get singing lessons! (Which means I need to get some balls too)
9. Get my teeth straightened (Am not too sure actually about this, cause I am completely put off by not being able to eat ferociously from my recent wisdom tooth extraction surgery T_T but vanity might just overcome this….)
10. See my family more regularly.
Have a good year, peeps!