My Mission to Perfection. - Narcissism is Necessary

My Mission to Perfection.

I’m hitting 24 in a couple of months. I’m no longer the spring chicken I used to be, where my skin was fine and my metabolic rate was to die for. I’m still eating like I used to (perhaps even more), but I’m finding it amazingly tough to shed the flab.

With age, I’ve developed a sort of deluded confidence about my appearance. While I’ve never felt happier with my looks, the truth is I’ve never been this out of shape. Two flights of stairs could render me breathless :(

I used to go to gym a couple of times a week, sometimes even twice a day. I used the power stepper religiously….my bum, thighs and calves were rock solid. My belly was flat. I could don the bikini and not feel out of place. However, nowadays, my bikinis have been relegated to the bottom of the drawer and my trusty old Speedo has become my new best friend. It supports and covers all the awkward areas, you see.

Then & Now
Then & Now :(

My gawd, I’ve seen mothers of five in better shape than I am! Heck, my own mother is in better shape than me. I’m sure many of you who have met my Mom would attest to that :P

Mom is hotter than me!
Yeah, the hotter one is my Mom -_-

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to get myself to look like a model. What I’m aiming for really is good health, stamina and strength. The thing is, it’s so hard to jump start my gym routine because I’m feeling so sluggish and bloated (that’s why it’s never a good thing to take a break from working out for too long, once you get to my point, it’s really difficult to return to your old routine).

I have meant to go on a liquid/white meat diet with vitamin supplements to slowly reboot my body before I trailblaze back to the neighbourhood gym but darlings, it’s really easier said than done. Everytime a work issue crops up, I find myself reaching for the nearest pack of salt & vinegar crisps. As the cliche goes, it’s a vicious cycle!

So, the reason I’m writing this is because I’ve been approached by friendly folks from Juvanex to review their 7-Day Detox Programme. Kudos to them for great timing.

Juvanex
Juvanex – 7-Day Detox Programme.

Ladies and gentlemen, it’s now or never. A visit to their website shows that I’m in desperate need of a detox….

Detox Test
Oh crap!

I’m going to start my Detox from today onwards and it will end on 19th May 2008. I will follow their suggested menu (minus the rice/carbs on my prerogative). I’ll try to slip in some exercise during this period but I figure I’d be too lethargic to do so, which is normal during detoxification.

So stay tuned as I’ll be updating you with my progress in this blog and hopefully I’ll look much better in 7 days.

Who knows, I might even be game enough to do a bikini photoshoot at the end of the week just to show off!

21 Responses to My Mission to Perfection.

1. KY May 13, 2008 at 8:36 am #

what are we eating this weekend? :P

2. suanie May 13, 2008 at 9:27 am #

good luck :D

3. yahui May 13, 2008 at 10:29 am #

your skin looks pretty flawless from what i see that day leh. O.O

and you’re quite right, once you stop, you’ll grow so lazy lah. been there done that, but have started to jog lately. key point: getting your bum OUT and going. good luck with your detox! :)

4. Kimberlycun May 13, 2008 at 12:28 pm #

ky: shoo!

suanie: thanks!!

yahui: i have bouts of eczema pretty regularly :( thanks for the wishes babe :)

5. mum May 13, 2008 at 12:49 pm #

i cook pork knuckles today

6. pinkpau May 13, 2008 at 1:04 pm #

kim you missed one check mark on the list :\ what do you mean you dont consume a lot of alcohol :\ that day at tiesto you drank until you passed out!!

heehee

7. naeboo May 13, 2008 at 2:01 pm #

yah lor!! it’s the bloat that makes u feel down abt urself when u r pretty fine with the fuller figure. dammit stupid stupid tummy.

drinking more water wld help the bloat apparently.

good luck!! :D

8. Kimberlycun May 13, 2008 at 3:12 pm #

mum: -_-

pinkpau: want to die ah ahpau?

naeboo: thanks babe :)

9. Simon Seow May 13, 2008 at 3:24 pm #

I need detox too. Can get discount?

10. Ms.Bloom May 13, 2008 at 5:17 pm #

Good luck babe! You and your mom are super cute together!

11. Sharon May 13, 2008 at 5:37 pm #

Reading the first part of your entry, I was thinking, “Oh, this is me!” Let me know if the detox programme works.

12. Dabido May 13, 2008 at 8:34 pm #

Dab-tox diets! Where you can eat anything you like as long as it’s water! :-)

After my Wii workouts, I plan to fit into that bikini in no time!!!! :-) Oh wait, I probably should wear board shorts instead! ;-)

13. Kimberlycun May 13, 2008 at 9:48 pm #

simon: haha i don’t think so.

ms. bloom: thanks babe!!!

sharon: surely. do check this blog for updates :)

dabido: yay water! yummyyy!

14. Sheryl May 13, 2008 at 10:50 pm #

Hope you can be determined! and let us know the results… I Support u!

15. moons May 14, 2008 at 1:12 am #

Oh wow eczema, I’d say yours is pretty mild then =/ Mine is way worse =/ as a kid whole bed sheet was bloody.

Even now, whenever the weather is hot, I still get em though not as horrific as last time.

Evening Primrose Oil did give some help to it I suppose though I’ve been lazy :D

16. hui wen May 14, 2008 at 1:38 am #

HHAHAHAHA, your mum is so cute! =p

And I know what you mean!!! My metabolism is like SHIT now. T__T

17. Kimberlycun May 14, 2008 at 1:46 pm #

sheryl: thanks, yesterday was damn failed liao :(

moons: i guess it’s mild, cause i can’t see them when there’s no flare-up. i do use oinment made from Manuka Honey, very effective. i bought mine from this website

huiwen: i know this is not just my mission, many other girls our age too hehe :)

18. dreckker May 15, 2008 at 11:15 am #

give you some encouragement…

my before and after picture after I went through a detox/juicing program…

*I’m now trying to shed off a few more kilos so that I don’t weight too much when going up Mount.K in a months time… :)

best of luck!

19. Kimberlycun May 15, 2008 at 5:00 pm #

drekker: thanks man. this is really inspirational!!! good luck with your mt kinabalu climb, i’m sure you’ll be able to conquer it!

20. jen May 22, 2008 at 3:26 pm #

wow. i was approached by the this lady in watson/guardian to try it out. but i chickened out. haha.. good luck to you! hope it works and share your experience :)

1. NARCISSISM IS NECESSARY » Blog Archive » Mission to Perfection 2 - May 22, 2008

[…] embarked on a detox regimen a week ago. I called it my “mission to perfection”. First things first, I’m not perfect (yet), far from it. My one-week journey was peppered with disappointment after […]